Re: DATOM cds.. and 2.0rX

Hello,

I'm replying as one of `datom / schlitterman'.

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 03:18:51AM +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
:
: 	I don't want to start a flame war here or start discussing *again*
: on wether or not should the CD releae be 2.0r1 or other... I just wanted to
: say that DATOM (listed as "official" vendor) is selling CDs and calling them

[ Please answer the first question (as you didn't want to start a      ]
[ flame war): If you see a problem, why didn't you wrote a personal    ]
[ mail to us?                                                          ]

Yes, we're listed as vendor of the official CD.  And we don't sell the
official CD.  Thats's right.  [ As it seems, the statement about not
selling the `official' image got lost, we'll make this more clear.  On
the other side it should be clear that this can't be the official
version since non-free/non-US aren't part of the official images, aren't
they? ]

    * We don't sell the official Debian images.

    * We build the images ourself, the main differences to
      the official images are:
        - including non-free/non-US (as far as the licenses allow).
        - including proposed-updates
        - including support for installation from multiple binary disks
        - uptodate (updated twice weekly)

An explanation like this will be added to our webpages.

: 2.0rX. Currently they say they ditribute 2.0r2! Now, Phil has just made a
: beta image for 2.0r1 and THAT might lead to some confussion.

I think, nobody said that 2.0rX are names for the CDs.  This are names
for the current state of the Debian archive.  And currently the archives
are at 2.0.r2, we mirror this and create our CDs with this release.

: Please tell DATOM either to rename their CDs (maybe 2.0Dr2? =Datom
: release) or stop saying they are official. Since they are not using the
: official images, and their layout (has been mentioned here before) is not
: the same in cdimage.debian.org

What are the difference in the layout?  Do you have one of our CDs?

: Please tell DATOM either to rename their CDs (maybe 2.0Dr2? =Datom
: release) or stop saying they are official. Since they are not using the

Yes, as said above, we'll make this clear on our web pages.

    Best Regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
	Heiko Schlittermann
datom * internet * support ** Heiko Schlittermann & Partner GbR
[<a href="http://www.datom.de/debian";>Debian 2.0 stable CD</a>]
Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE finger:heiko@datom.de -----------