Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

    >>> "Andreas" == Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>
    >>> writes:

    Andreas> but debian isn't about what you think a unix should
    Andreas> have. that way linux will never get to the desktop,
    Andreas> because you are not used to work with desktop
    Andreas> machines, rather unix workstations.

[...]

    > 	I strongly object to dumbing down Debian for the sake of
    > market share.

Absolutely!  A large part of the value of Linux is that it
provides workstation capabilities at the price of a "desktop"
machine.  If Debian were dumbed down so far that it no longer
gave the advantages that come with a *nix workstation, why would
anyone choose Debian?

To get back on topic - in my opinion, Debian needs an MTA in a
default installation.  As for the particular beast, exim or
something else, I'll leave that to folks who know more about it
than I do, but, please, let's make sure that something is always
there.

Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                                miller5@uiuc.edu
  Department of Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign