Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

Hi,
>>"Andreas" == Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

 >> [Not sure if this ought to go in debian-policy or here]
 >> Several times already there has been discussions about using exim as the
 >> standard Debian mailer instead of smail...

 Andreas> please remove any mailer from standard.  the normal newby
 Andreas> does use netscape and not fetchmail+mutt+MTA do access it's
 Andreas> mail.

	This is not windows. I would expect to see a SMTP server on
 any UNIX installation. The novice can still ttally ignore the server
 and use netscape, but we should make it easier for them to learn (why
 would a novice try to use Linux, unless they were willing to learn?)

	manoj
--
 Noncombatant: A dead Quaker. Ambrose Bierce