Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

On Thu, Aug 27, 1998 at 08:03:36AM -0500, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Andreas Jellinghaus writes:
> > please remove any mailer from standard.  the normal newby does use
> > netscape and not fetchmail+mutt+MTA do access it's mail.
>
> Please do not do any such thing.  Real computers have mail.  This is Linux,
> not Windows.

I have to agree here....
I mean "standard" is standard not "What the average newbie needs"
The normal newbie doesn't use sed, awk, grep, or much else.

Even if they don't use an MTA that doesn't mean that its not a standard
compnonent that you could reasonably ecpet to find on a system.
Having an MTA will eventually be good for them, once they figure out
how to use it (hell I used Netscape for mail for a while...
but I still used my local MTA to send mail)
-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"