Re: more developer identity stuff

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 Raul> Actually, I think the problem is the use of hypothetical imperatives.
 Raul> [such as: maybe you should ....]

	Imperatives are "you must"; "you should" is an suggestion, at
 least as I was taught the langiuage. However, usage in Indian may not
 be the usage elsewhere in the world.

 Raul> This sort of phrasing is frequently used by people who are angry and
 Raul> frustrated.  So in email, without any emotional context, a person
 Raul> seeing those words might think that you were angry.

	Well, All I can aver is that I am not making statements like
 that in anger. They are what they appear to be: suggestions. (I would
 use imperatives if I actually meant that).

 Raul> I'm not sure if there's an easy remedy for this kind of thing.

	Well, I shall try to be on guard in the future.

	manoj

--
 "Fuckin' A!  Purple Haze!!!" Louie Gonzalez, Geometry class, 1973