Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

Jeff Noxon <jeff@planetfall.com> wrote:
> What's the relevance of Internet connectivity? Where I work we have a
> huge Intranet spanning dozens of countries around the globe. We don't
> have Internet access. We do use Debian, must get it via CD-ROM, and
> are responsible for protecting ourselves against "inside" attacks on
> our servers.

Ok, that's a real issue.  And the cdrom labelling won't solve it.

You're going to need security updates on an on-going basis.

If you don't already have this solved, perhaps we need to set up a mailing
list for distribution of such packages?  [And a mail-server that knows to
send every security update which follows the base release you identify??]

Then again, with that kind of responsibility, presumably you have
solved it?

--
Raul