Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 11:16:57AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> > This is exactly the attitude that I disagree with. The changes between
> > 2.0 and 2.0r1 are significant (fixes to security problems!). Having to
> > download the changed packages, even if they are few, certainly _is_ a
> > real hardship. Not everyone is on the Internet.
>
> How's someone going to hack into a system that's not on the internet?

What's the relevance of Internet connectivity?  Where I work we have a
huge Intranet spanning dozens of countries around the globe.  We don't
have Internet access.  We do use Debian, must get it via CD-ROM, and
are responsible for protecting ourselves against "inside" attacks on
our servers.

Thanks,

Jeff