Re: Gnome and libtool

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Erik Andersen wrote:

> I'm certain that we can get autoconf and libtool (and automake?)
> a bit of space on the gnome CVS server.  It seems to have space
> to spare (I just noticed it now is keeping copies of the linux

Actually we are working on a scheme to support software projects looking
for server space [web, ftp, list, cvs, etc] and it will hopefully work out
better..

Access to the gnome CVS tree is just nasty unless you are lucky enough to
not have to use the anon server. Currently I've restricted anon-cvs to
15 connections, it's always full :<

> kernel source code -- which is not small).  Anyway, hosting them
> there would be a good deal for everybody.  It would certainly allow
> people to fix stuff as they see problems, and Gnome is probably the
> largest single project using these tools...

Libtool strikes me as the sort of program that needs the special knowledge
Gord has about the many platforms it supports so it might be
counter productive to let people without that experiance have write
access.

BTW, the current gnome CVS tree is a stunning 296M, the biggest things in
the tree don't seem to be 'gnome',
20973   dgs
33286   gimp
45783   linux
10273   nethack
14918   e

At one point I offered the one guy who used the 'linux' tree his own cvs
space but he decliend, I'm not even sure it's used anymore.

Jason