Re: Gnome and libtool

On 20 Aug 1998, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:

> Hi!

>  JP> Gord Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> is the upstream author.  He's also
>  JP> working on Debian GNU/Hurd.  Maybe he'd like to maintain it?
>
> Yes, I'd like to.  Right now, however, libtool is in limbo... we're
> looking for somebody to host anon CVS for us (since I don't have time
> to be the sole maintainer any more).
>
> [config.guess woes]
>
> Autoconf is also in limbo, and with it, config.guess. :(
>
> I hope all these issues will be worked out soon, and you have my
> cooperation to the extent that I can help.
>
>  Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>

I'm certain that we can get autoconf and libtool (and automake?)
a bit of space on the gnome CVS server.  It seems to have space
to spare (I just noticed it now is keeping copies of the linux
kernel source code -- which is not small).  Anyway, hosting them
there would be a good deal for everybody.  It would certainly allow
people to fix stuff as they see problems, and Gnome is probably the
largest single project using these tools...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org