Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

Hi,

 Raul> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
 >> I think that is not a compelling enough reason to make
 >> verification a farce, which a mutable standard and a mutable
 >> verification program would make it.

 Raul> I completely fail to see how the rename-if-you-modify rule
 Raul> allows a farce.  Mind spelling it out for me?

	Oh, the above were arguments against a GPL like licence.

 >> Yes, I would have liked a rename-and-disclaim-if-you-modify
 >> license, but the license on it should also be acceptable.

 Raul> Well, either the result shouldn't have the name "Debian" associated
 Raul> with it, or we need to change our social contract.

	The social contract was about software (it should be more, but
 we stopped with software). It mentions the DF Software G. We should
 finish a DF Document G, and add it to trhe social contract, adn
 that'll happily accomodate the LCS.

	Traditions do not mean moribund. We punted on the issue of
 dpcuments, it is about time we went back and cleaned up our act.

	manoj
--
 "There are some good people in it, but the orchestra as a whole is
 equivalent to a gang bent on destruction." John Cage, composer