Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 Raul> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:

 Raul> Haven't seen it yet.  Why violate principle and introduce non-free
 Raul> software for a free-software project?

	What principle? We never decided on non software issues, we
 punted. And I think the DFDG should include immutable standards
 documents. And, as I see this, this code is part of the proposed
 standard. The so called DF Software G does not apply.

	I keep seeing knee jerk reactions like "mutability was good
 for software, so it must be good for everyhing else"; and I think
 that we should actually look for uderlying reasons.

	No one is keeping the ideas secret, or saying you can't reuse
 the concepts. You have a wish to innovate, have at it. The ideas are
 freely distributable.

 Raul> However, let's say that only a part of the program tests things which
 Raul> concern my packages.  And that I need to make a few specific changes to
 Raul> make the tests useful as a test-harness.  And maybe that I want to add
 Raul> onto these.

 Raul> You seem to have decided that there can never be such things.

	I think that is not a compelling enough reason to make
 verification a farce, which a mutable standard and a mutable
 verification program would make it.

	Yes, I would have liked a rename-and-disclaim-if-you-modify
 license, but the license on it should also be acceptable.

	manoj
--
 "May your future be limited only by your dreams." Christa McAuliffe