Re: A proposal to revive the Policy document

I also like this proposal but I don't volunteer, some jobs should
not be connected to me ;-)

However I'd like to add:

 a) A weekly status has to be posted to debian-policy.

 b) A set of web pages covering recent topics has to be set
    up and maintained.  This could be master/~srivasta/ since
    it's not "that" official but could also be somewhere on
    the main server.  [or use a different user name]

 c) We are able to do votings, we are, right?  In cases where
    the discussion doesn't want to end it could be a good idea
    to let people vote.  a 2/3 majority could win.  If this doesn't
    lead into a solution, stall this topic for at least 3 months.
    After that period one can bring it up again and re-start the
    procedure.

 d) Including the technical commitee for technical questions is
    a good thing.  The only problem is that this ctte needs to
    be working already before policy editors could need them.

 e) I believe it's far better to consider this team as 'editor'
    and not 'Master of Policy'.  It therefore should be no problem
    in general if one proposal get's policy and Manoj would be strictly
    against it.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.