Re: A proposal to revive the Policy document

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> I also like this proposal but I don't volunteer, some jobs should
> not be connected to me ;-)
>
> However I'd like to add:
>
>  a) A weekly status has to be posted to debian-policy.
>
>  b) A set of web pages covering recent topics has to be set
>     up and maintained.  This could be master/~srivasta/ since
>     it's not "that" official but could also be somewhere on
>     the main server.  [or use a different user name]

Note that Jay's current inclination seems to be to 'open-up' the web
master's job, giving cvs commit access to more people.  It seems
reasonable, therefore, that someone on the policy team is the policy
webmaster. In fact, the policy web pages should be generated by a script
which is in the policy debian package, IMO.

>  e) I believe it's far better to consider this team as 'editor'
>     and not 'Master of Policy'.  It therefore should be no problem
>     in general if one proposal get's policy and Manoj would be strictly
>     against it.

Absolutely.

Jules