Re: Configuration management, version 5

Previously Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> I would think something needs to export the new value into
> /etc/news/servers. Since it is not possible to reconfigure running news
> servers anyway.

I don't really care what changes waht file at, I'm more interested in the
design that makes this possible. Triggers seems like the best to implement
this at the moment, but I'm open to suggestions. esp. since we won't be
doing this for a while at least.

> changes or not.. hmm.. SuSE is overwriting all local changes, its cool to be
> able to configure the whole system with one tool, but its lame to try to do
> modifications without that tool (and still be able to use the tool
> (including the package manager))

It's not lame, it would be a requierment to change configfiles outside
the other methods.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl