Re: "goals" for slink: FHS
I'll throw in my $.02.
Steps to FHS compliance:
1. New packages install in /usr/share and install symlinks in old locations
all slink packages work with hamm programs -- man, info,...
2. man, info,... are modified to support both old and new locations
3. some debian release (slink if the programs are modified in time)
4. New packages install in /usr/share and remove old symlinks
stable man, info,... no longer require symlinks
5. After all packages are updated to FHS, then man, info,... are
modified to support only new locations
Lee Bradshaw lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications email@example.com
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com