Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

 >> (making it a slink requirement that any program with a reference to
 >> /usr/man also supports /usr/share/man in the same fashion, and similarly
 >> for info, and doc (dwww)).

 Santiago> Exactly! This is what I would like to see. See my previous
 Santiago> mail, which I posted before reading this one (this morning
 Santiago> I had 132 messages in my debian-devel folder :-).

	I would not like to see this ;-). This breaks our promise of
 incremental upgrades. We can come up with a technical solution that
 allows for a hybrid Hamm/Slink machine, and we should not take the
 lazy way out.

	Also, doing it incrementally means that even in Slink we can
 have the packages change one at a time, rather than requiring that
 everything changes at once, or something s broken.

	manoj
--
 "It's very hard for anything to make it out of Hollywood these days
 without a lame-ass wimpout ending tacked on at the whining request of