libgtk-dev bug?

I'm not sure about this one, so I ask here before submitting a wrong bug
report.

libgtk-dev provides two glib header files: /usr/include/glib.h and
/usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h

glib.h has a "#include <glibconfig.h>" line.

Is there any reason not to move glibconfig.h to /usr/include , removing
/usr/lib/glib/include (glibconfig.h is the only file there), and the need
to explicitly declare -I/usr/lib/glib/include when compiling GTK-using
code?

I know the developers should use "gtk-config --cflags" when compiliing their
GTK-using code, but as currently "gtk-config --cflags" output is just
"-I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include", it looks like overkill,
and many upstream developers don't use it. I was bitten by this one when
compiling SANE 0.74.

--
Enrique Zanardi						ezanardi@ull.es