Re: kde and qtk/harmony (was: Re: debian 2.3 name)

On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 03:35:05PM -0400, Justin Maurer wrote:
> > I said any significant amount would make 3.0, not that we had to do all that
> > for 3.0..  I think release goals are a bad idea.  Those are things I'd like
>
> gotcha. no problem. same here. yadda yadda yadda i'm not important ;)

hehehe

> > Will the KDE people use it if it's any good?
>
> no. the kde people have locked themselves into qt. they stated that qt
> will always be one step ahead of its clones, so therefore, they will
> always be using qt. now *that* is a shame.

Then I think I'll never be using it.  I'm sorry, but they could if they
wanted help make any free alternative BETTER than Qt in no time.  If they
don't want to use free software and instead just keep this up, then I won't
wait around for them to clean up the license issues and change my opinion of
the project.

> of course, debian could always compile binaries with harmony instead of
> qt...
>
> and if you wanted to see something wierd, we could start adding stuff to
> harmony so qt would be the one behind....sort of like forking a free
> software project...only this one isn't free

But if the KDE people won't use it, what does it matter?