Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Hi,
>>"Enrique" == Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

 Enrique> What about LANG=foo ? I would like to choose the preferred
 Enrique> language for my system at install time, and have every shell
 Enrique> inherit that setting. With the current scheme, I have to
 Enrique> modify a file for each shell installed, and manually
 Enrique> synchronize them with the Debian version every time the
 Enrique> shell maintainer modifies that file and I upgrade the
 Enrique> package.  With the /etc/profile.d proposal I only have to
 Enrique> put that variable in single file, and don't worry about
 Enrique> upgrades.

	Well, there should be a mechanism provided, and it should be
 as empty as possible. In this case, what if I have a multiuser
 multilingual system, and Debian insists on providing one uniform
 language?

	Therefore packages should not put in env variables into my
 shell without my consent.

	manoj
--
 "Do not stop to ask what is it; Let us go and make our visit." Eliot,
 "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"