Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 02:05:21PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <antkaij@rolle.cc.jyu.fi> wrote:
> > Are there any relevant programs that do not support MANPATH and
> > INFOPATH?
>
> Yes.  There are also programs that don't support /etc/manpath.config

Do they have good reasons not to, or are they just plain broken?

> Also note that not all shells are login shells, and not all man-page
> browsers are started from shells.

You're right.  Programs started within X might not be children of a
login shell.  Are there other exceptions?

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

         I can't seem to find a lowercase 'r' on my keyboard.
        (Lee Davies in comp.unix.programmer on July 22, 1998)