Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 01:41:26PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> And yes, all our programs can deal with multiple locations, but do
> we really want to have man pages which are invisible to some
> programs during the transition?

Are there any relevant programs that do not support MANPATH and
INFOPATH?

For the transition period, have the default MANPATH and INFOPATH
include both new and old locations.  I believe this can be done by
modifying the /etc/<shell>rc files for all popular login shells.  This
shouldn't be a big problem.  It may be possible to do it at the init
level (thus involving only one package), but I haven't got the
slightest idea how.

        Antti-Juhani
        not a Debian developer,
        just an interested user
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

         I can't seem to find a lowercase 'r' on my keyboard.
        (Lee Davies in comp.unix.programmer on July 22, 1998)