Re: Game plan for slink, a suggestion

I'm so glad somebody wrote mine (mutt) :-)

> I don't do perl, but even if I did, implementing the dependency support
> outside dpkg-dev is just plain wrong.

The problem with this idea is that all the dependancy parsing code seems to
be inside dpkg proper (C code). The dpkg-dev programs are written in perl
and I don't notice that they have any idea of how to parse a depends line.

How about if we had a seperate dpkg-checksourcedepends (with a shorter name
:-), that would probably be a C program that uses libdpkg, and dbuild or
other programs call it?

--
see shy jo