Re: RH and GNOME

Hi,
>>"Joseph" == Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

 Joseph> I had Running Linux.  Many man pages still confuse me.  Most
 Joseph> don't have a long time to learn, they need to know what they
 Joseph> need to know now---otherwise they will happily continue to
 Joseph> use windoze..

	In that case, I think you should respect their wishes, and not
 try to foist an OS on them that does not meet their requirements.

 Joseph> That's the majority of users.  If we don't like the Wintel
 Joseph> duopoly, we have to provide a viable alternative.

	I love the Wintel duopoly. It brings computation to the
 masses. I may not like the OS, but I think wintel has indeed
 transformed computing as we know it. Linux is not for everyone, and
 that may well include people who have no time/motivation to learn.

	I think we should really work on ease-of-use and
 ease-of-management issues, and this is where a major improvement is
 needed, but I do object to the goals set out here. And the goals do
 make a difference.

	manoj
--
 Entropy has us outnumbered.  -- Solomon Short