Re: RH and GNOME

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

> I had Running Linux.  Many man pages still confuse me.  Most don't have a
> long time to learn,

Many still confuse me, and I have been doing this for about three years,
proffessionaly administrating some Linux boxes, so you'll never be 'fully
grown' :) That's the fun part about it, you'll never know it all, you'll
always learn. Who can say that about any other system?

> It's not as hard as you would expect it to be, debian is much better than
> manpages and info documents.  A few little things can still be done to make
> Debian even better for new users---not necessarily the clueless newbie
> type---that will not interfere with those who don't need any or all of those
> little additions.  Debian has a good middle level that keeps the sysadmin
> from having to do a lot of mundane admin tasks, but it doesn't hide them.
> Any high level tools for newbies should use the current midlevel tools to do
> the work for compatibility.

As it have been said here over and over again, go ahead, write/rewrite the
things you don't like! I'm sure nobody will seek you up, and beat you up
because you'll want to make Debian easier for newbees... :)

I in part support this, I have made some admin tools (for X) that should make
DNS/Net/User/Group configuration easier. Now it's up to you, to make your
part in it...

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ---------

--
cracking Honduras SEAL Team 6 SDI FBI kibo colonel Peking
counter-intelligence fissionable bomb radar Clinton [Hello to all my