Smail (was: qmail -- any alternatives and status of qmail)

While we're talking about it...

I know the sendmail is very insecure, but I was wondering about smail?
Is it more secure, and does it support to features this some here have
been
asking about, but don't want to run sendmail. I've been asking around,
but I haven't recieved a good answer yet( or I
accidentally deleted it :-/).

Thanks in advance

Philip
--