Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 10:51:46AM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> do you know german law ? it's very different from us law, and nearly no us
> licence will work as expected here. for example all "no warrenty" statements
> have no effect, if you sell software to me (e.g. a cdrom).
> we are no layers, and no experts of international software law.

Talking about international software law, I've heard that in Spain a license
written in a foreign language is useless. I don't know if that's the same
in other countries of the EU, but we should check, and start lobbying RMS
for "official" translated versions of the GPL and LGPL.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es