Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

On Wed 01 Jul 1998, Raul Miller wrote:
> Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> wrote:
> > as long as the author is asked, and he gives his ok to do this and that,
> > there is not a problem. as long as the kde people are the authors, there is no
> > proplem. the only proplem i see, is where kde uses gpl'ed source from third
> > party. but this is very rare. coolo, do you have a list ?
>
> Sure, but then that should be included in the copyright notice we
> provide.  For example, if the ok isn't transitive we can't use it.

do you know german law ? it's very different from us law, and nearly no us
licence will work as expected here. for example all "no warrenty" statements
have no effect, if you sell software to me (e.g. a cdrom).
we are no layers, and no experts of international software law.

let's use our common sence, i guess that will work much better.

> And we should (must) include this statement in the copyright file.

i agree here. show everyone what we did, and encourage the author, to add a
sentence to his licence.

andreas