Re: intent to package: licq

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Larry Gilbert wrote:

> AOL has stated its interest in turning ICQ into an advertising vehicle.

I apologize.  This was not accurate, since I was going from memory.  I
located the original quote I had in mind.

Steve Case, AOL's CEO, was quoted by Wired News as saying:  ". . . the
ICQ software dashboard stays on a user's screen all the time -- making it
a natural starting point for content, context and community, and providing
us with an unparalleled launch pad for a broader Web portal strategy."