Re: Single-user vs multi-user system configuration suggestion

On 06 Jul 1998 11:19:17 -0500 , Rob Browning wrote:

>Actually, how about this.  First off, this is a user-level problem,
>not a system level problem, so what we need is a user-level program
>with user-level information (probably stored in ~/.somedir".
>[...]
> Thoughts?

I like this idea.  Three suggestions:

i) The scripts shouldn't do anything without prompting (or given a
parameter, say --auto), and should explain what they're doing

ii) Consider building this into the menu system?

iii) Like the menu system, have this as an optional package.

The other thing is that some packages may provide more than one program/
facility.

 -- Christopher Reed, Selwyn College, Cambridge --
 E-Mail: cr212@cam.ac.uk  WWW: http://dura.sel.cam.ac.uk/ [~cr212/]
 r2 T1 cSEL dCS hEn/Chi A4 S+ C*$+++L/UdP W+++ y# a VTsj (Cantab) 1.0
"Don't throw your hand."