Re: Exciting Pilot/Debian news

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 03:13:27PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Therefore, I believe that I will just dump the tar.gz's of binutils,
> > gcc, and gdb into the toplevel of the package's tar file (or maybe the
> > debian/ directory, I dunno), and then all I have to do is change the
> > path that it looks for them from .. to .
>
> Won't this give a humongous source tree?

Well yes, this is why I didn't include them before.  But it's better
than including all of the file uncompressed.

> I'm wondering what the best way to make cross-compilers available is.
> Sometimes the upstream source might be just the gcc source. Perhaps,
> when/if we get real source packages, we can have diff.gz/dsc files
> for .orig.tar.gz files of different names, so that I could build
> a diff.gz/dsc file to build a .deb file, but use the gcc.orig.tar.gz
> source.

In this case, it won't work since prc-tools patches the upstream, and
then I patch the patch :-)

Also, prc-tools contains some binary files, and our diff mechanism
currently cannot handle that.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |