Re: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre1-4

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 09:08:11PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> It's not the difference between it and your NMU's, it's rather the
> difference between it and 2.7.2.3-4 that's important. The changelog claims
> that only alpha patches were applied. But a quick look reveals that
> modifications affecting all architecures were made.

I'm starting to realise that.

> Could the person who sent Galen the ALPHA patch tell us the origin of it?

I've sent Galen a private message about this as well.

> My suggestion at this point would be simply back off to 2.7.2.3-3 plus the
> packaging split modifications which shouldn't be too hard to do.  Can you do
> that Ray?

I'll try to. However, I'm currently having a busy time (I have a lot of
writing to do on my current paper, next week I'll attend the Linux kongress
at Cologne and I'll visit my family after that) I'll try this this weekend;
it would be nice if someone could take over after that, should I not be able
to finish it before I leave.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch