Re: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre1-4

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 07:20:27PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> > As far as I have been able to check, the gcc version in hamm was built
> > fully bootstrapped; therefore, I don't expect a rebuilt version to make
> > a difference. However, I would like to know this for sure; please test
> > if the problem persists with gcc_2.7.2.3-4.2 from slink.
>
> It seems that Phil has already tried that and failed so I'm not going to
> repeat it.  What I can say is that gcc 2.7.2.3-3 works just fine.  Now if
> only we can find the diff file for 2.7.2.3-3...

I'm attaching it now. I already went over it some time ago, and found no
difference between it and the NMUs that could explain why the NMUs don't
work. However, don't let that hold you back from doublechecking. I'd love to
see this fixed (or at least explained).

Greetings,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.