Re: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre1-4

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> I'm attaching it now. I already went over it some time ago, and found no
> difference between it and the NMUs that could explain why the NMUs don't
> work. However, don't let that hold you back from doublechecking. I'd love to
> see this fixed (or at least explained).

It's not the difference between it and your NMU's, it's rather the difference
between it and 2.7.2.3-4 that's important.  The changelog claims that only
alpha patches were applied.  But a quick look reveals that modifications
affecting all architecures were made.  Could the person who sent Galen the
ALPHA patch tell us the origin of it?

My suggestion at this point would be simply back off to 2.7.2.3-3 plus the
packaging split modifications which shouldn't be too hard to do.  Can you do
that Ray? Thanks.