ash or bash not good /bin/sh replacements?

I've been doing tests with ash as a /bin/sh replacement for systems with
small disks, and have been bitten by the following "feature":

If I "source" a script two.sh from another script one.sh, two.sh inherits
the parameters passed to one.sh on the command line, instead of the ones
defined in the "source" call. That is:

. two.sh param1 param2

echo $1
echo $2

if sh -> bash
$./one.sh nonparam1 nonparam2

if sh -> ash
$./one.sh nonparam1 nonparam2

Is it a bug in ash or in bash?

( This is not a philosophical issue. Currently init calls /etc/init.d/rcS
without parameters, /etc/init.d/rcS sources /etc/rcS.d/S*.sh with "start" as
the first parameter, and one of those shells, keymaps.sh fails if its
first parameter is not start|restart|force-reload|reload|stop )

Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es