Re: Official Debian 2.0 CD master images

Hi,

 On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 01:11:37AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
 >Seeing that quite a few Debian packages already use gettext for compilation,
 >it would be nice that we put gettext in main.

 Remco> Regardless of the importance of gettext: why should a new
 Remco> package be accepted into Debian 2.0 when it is already in Deep
 Remco> Freeze? I thought that when a distribution is in Freeze or
 Remco> even in Deep Freeze, no new packages are allowed into that
 Remco> distribution.

	I think I agree; but our opinions are moot. Depends on what
 the release manager would say; I would be surprised if he allowed a
 new package in at this late date.

 Rev> One might argue that being in experimental, it's kinda already
 Rev> in the dist, just at a lower priority than Extra.

	Umm, no. Experimental is never packaged on hte official CD,
 and non-free and experimental are not part of the official
 distribution. We should not blur the boundaries; that way lies
 madness.

	manoj
--
 Ya gotta feel sorry for all them convicts in New Hampshire, stampin'
 out license plates that say "Live free or Die." ???