Re: Official Debian 2.0 CD master images

On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 01:11:37AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> > Seeing that quite a few Debian packages already use gettext for compilation,
> > it would be nice that we put gettext in main.
>
> Regardless of the importance of gettext: why should a new package be
> accepted into Debian 2.0 when it is already in Deep Freeze? I thought that
> when a distribution is in Freeze or even in Deep Freeze, no new packages
> are allowed into that distribution.

One might argue that being in experimental, it's kinda already in the dist,
just at a lower priority than Extra.  Actually, apt is also part of the
experimental area and several people have suggested apt be used in place of
autoup.sh.  I think probably apt can handle it but I'll let people who use
it for more than simply upgrading packages every few days be the judge of
that.