Re: Intent to package pine-src

On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 05:09:18PM -0300, Igor Grobman wrote:
> Here is an idea.  Why don't we make an installer package for these
> source-only packages.  It would work the same way as netscape installer,
> except it would compile the binary as well as retrieve the source tarball
> from the net (or require user to have a tarball).  I believe that will
> remove the objections of those who think .deb is wrong format for source
> packages, but will still mean that pine.deb is visible in the
> distribution.

That's essentially what pine-src is, though it includes the .orig.tar.gz
file.  There's nothing that says it HAS to really.  It could be done that it
was just the .diff and .dsc files and you just get the original source from
UW.

I would not mind this with qmail either so long as both have in the
description where to get the files you need.  (and what the file should be
called when you try to install it)