mkisofs (was: creating hamm cdroms)

aj@dungeon.inka.de (Andreas Jellinghaus) writes:
> my experience with new mkisofs (with joilet supprt) is, that -x doesn't work.
> i found a solution : create a new directory as cd root, and copy everything
> into that dir useing hardlinks. this doesn't waste a log of disk space,
> and makes severel things easier.

The upstream guy somehow seems to think that the -m option would be
sufficient, which IMHO it isn't. I have patched my mkisofs back to
support -x, I will mail you a copy of that patch if you're interested.

What I would like to see as added functionality is an option that will
keep symlink that lead to some file on the CD and replace them with
files if they would point off the CD.

--
Jens Rosenboom <jens@debian.org>