Re: I plan to remove fdisk from the next util-linux

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> writes:

> I hate to do this, but Me Too. I've never had any problems whatsoever
> with fdisk, and I've used it in all sorts of situations (IDE, SCSI, mix
> of both, ...).  I'd hate to see it go.

Yet another me too.  I've had a couple of cases where cfdisk couldn't
figure out what was going on with a drive, and I thought I was hosed.
I tried fdisk, and it had no problems.  It saved the partition table
to a sane state which then made cfdisk happy.

Perhaps sfdisk could have done just as well (I didn't even know it
existed until it was mentioned here), but if not, then I'd hate to see
fdisk go.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>