Re: I plan to remove fdisk from the next util-linux

Bob Hilliard wrote:

> Amos Shapira <amos@gezernet.co.il> wrote:
> > I'm aware that things are fluid and may change rapidly, but my
> > personal experience indicated that every time I ran cfdisk (mainly
> > during installation of Debian) cfdisk screwed things up and I had to
> > run fdisk to fix them.  Is there a consensus about the
> > relative usability of the various fdisk versions?
>
>      My single experience with cfdisk was similar to this.  It was so
> long ago that I can't remember the details of the problems.  I have
> happily used fdisk ever since, without any problems.  I have used some
> pretty complex partitioning setups (ten partitions on /dev/hda at the
> moment).

I've also had a problem partitioning new drives with cfdisk. I have
to use fdisk to write the initial table, then cfdisk runs OK..

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
             When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.