Re: Backspace bug

'Rich Sahlender wrote:'

>Jeff Sheinberg said:
>>
>> Please, just leave it like it is.  This is a feature of fvwm, and
>> is consistent with the fvwm's philosophy of being able to navigate
>> the desktop without the use of the mouse.  Control-Left, for
>> example, takes you to the next left virtual desktop.
>>

>Ummm, for those of us that play an occasional game now and then that
>require pressing ctrl/arrow keys simultaneously .ie. quake, it is
>*not* a feature. It is a royal pain... hauling you off to the next
>desktop when you're running and shooting an opponent quickly gets
>you very dead. I've never had fvwm do this by default until hamm.

I have.  I've used this feature of fvwm since buzz.  I use it daily.

But I don't play games.  There should be an fvwmconfig that allows one
to set these types of things.  But I'd like to keep the older defaults
for those of us who are used to them.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary