filesystems not unmounted on reboot (was: Re: Two hard-to-find problems)

Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.com> writes:

> The first (and most major) is that upon a reboot (e.g. shutdown
> - -r now) the filesystems are NOT being correctly unmounted.

Maybe we should implement something similar to what Redhat does.
Redhat remounts all file systems that couldn't be unmounted for some
reason as read-only.

Another Good Thing To Do [tm] would be to do a sync before rebooting,
especially when doing a hard reset when the reboot script fails (as it
does when libc6 is installed the first time).

--
sick of .sig's