Re: filesystems not unmounted on reboot (was: Re: Two hard-to-find problems)

I think I missed the first message on this so I may be way off base  but....
I had a simmilar problem...in fact it munged my system....
I had to totally reinstall becaus ethe errors got that bad
anyway...on my next install...I found the problem...in fact you state that the
reboot script fails the first time through after the libc6 upgrade...mine didn't
I have no problems now...only b4...and I found out why
there is a package in hamm that installs and changes init to run
using a single config file rather than sym links....
it was only when that package was installed that it was not properly unmounting
filesystems
(I had to play around alot to trace it back to that)
I forget the package name and I have no way to check it right now
could that be the problem or am I way off base?
I am new to this list...but from what little I see in that ,essage...it sounds
exactly like what
killed my system
-Steve