Re: rotating lastlog?

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> No, it's not. Do a "du /var/log/lastlog" and you'll see that although the
> size is 20MB, the number of blocks it takes on disk is way less ..
>
> This is becoming a FAQ ..

Not surprising, considering what the man page has to say about such
administrative issues.  I don't see anything about the lastlog file
format, nor do I see any way of (for example) increasing the amount
of data tracked in the log file.

I wonder about what would happen on systems with more usage than I,
if the file continues to have its seek bounds raised, I'd think that
32 bit file systems would have problems.

--
Raul