Re: Planning new virtual packages for hamm

Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com> writes:
> 	ss2, comerr2, e2p2, uuid1, ext2fs2
>
> These packages will be referenced in e2fsprogs's shlibs file, in order
> to get deps right for depending packages.
>
> If there are no problems with this, I'll upload a new e2fsprogs with
> these features on March 18th, approx 18:00 GMT.

Wait a minute.

First of all, shouldn't those should really be named libss2, libcomerr2?

Second, I think libss is only used by debugfs. If that were broken out into a
separate non-essential package then libss wouldn't be a problem, right?

libcom_err and libuuid will always be a problem though, since they're used
specifically by fsck, which has to be essential.

The reason i'm concerned is that these aren't the only versions of these
libraries and we may want to break them out of this source package some day.
I guess that will be ok as long as the shlibs file refers to the virtual
packages.

greg