Re: Planning new virtual packages for hamm

gsstark@MIT.EDU (Gregory S. Stark) writes:
> libcom_err and libuuid will always be a problem though, since they're used
> specifically by fsck, which has to be essential.

Sorry to respond to my own message, but maybe we should consider making fsck
statically linked and put it in its own separate essential package.

If we also had a statically linked ash as /sbin/sh debian systems might be a
lot better off in the case of a disk crash.

greg