Re: Qmail on lists.debian.org is costing me real money

On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 12:17:27PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> It's downsides are
>   - Not DFSG

That alone should be reason for us not to use it. It's not a very good
advert for free software if _debian_ don't use it, is it?

> have raised the limits to allow 240 concurrant remote deliveries. Any
> mailer which cannot handle >100 concurrante remote deliveries

As far as I know exim can (the documentation doesn't mention an upper limit
on the number of parallel deliveries), though it isn't necessary the best
thing to do, as the overheads of forking more processes to do the deliveries
can take out a lot of the potential speed gain, particularly when delivering
to well-connected hosts.

> or cannot handle that sort of message volume is simply not acceptable.

Qmail probably can handle a higher volume than exim, but the volume you're
getting isn't close to the limits of either, or even of sendmail.