Re: Taking over vnc, vnc-doc. Also xdm information request.

Bart Schuller wrote:
> Isn't the point of vnc that Xvnc is someone's *personal* X server that
> she can leave running and come back to from another machine? You even
> have to give it a password. Combining it with xdm makes no sense.

I would like to be able to start up a vnc daemon, similar to xdm, that
accepts connections from any number of users, authenticates them, and lets
them login. That way, all my users could use vnc, with no prior setup, and
without keeping a vnc session running all the time. Unfortunatly vnc doesn't
let me do that.. a shame.

--
see shy jo