Re: Qmail on lists.debian.org is costing me real money

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> IIRC master wasnt running with the default file-max, which is 1024. We
> incremented file-max on this server, no fd problems have occured since.
> About master doing double: you said it was 186000 deliveries in one day.
> It is only about 2/sec, mine was 3/sec ;) Anyway I expect your number was
> not the peak, while mine was...

Actually I am concerned with peak rates, the old master got 10/s or so.
Murphy I am seeing in excess of 22 deliveries/sec peak, this was from your
post to debian-devel. The machine wasn't even close to capacity, it only
peaked at about 123 qmail-remotes (well, that I could see, hard to keep
track). The machine wasn't even straining (P133, 64M ram IDE disks).

Jason