Re: Lobby this, somebody

Manoj writes:
> Then that means you could not have more than one kernel headers or source
> packages installed. I have, at the moment, 2 header packages and 4 source
> packages on my machine. If they all tried to go into /usr/src/linux; that
> would be chaos.

That explains why ordinary header packages should go in /usr/src, but not
why a kernel-headers-2.0.32 package (call it kernel-headers-libc) couldn't
go in /usr/include/linux, with a link to /usr/src/linux which would be
replaced when a newer set of kernel headers is installed.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)